Wednesday 1 February 2012

Time to re-assess

WOW I just read my previous posts.  My life has just done a back flip!  No job, no Declan, where's my future to go now.  I've spent the entire Christmas 'break' relaxing, watching cricket and tennis and other things that have inspired my interest.  I've been sitting on my proverbial backside quite unmotivated to do anything.  Maybe that is why it has happened that I have ended up flat footed, wondering what to do with myself now.

I must say I have enjoyed the domestication that comes with being a semi-aimless home-bod; making beds, hanging washing, sweeping pathways, watering fruit trees, pruning the occasional shrub.  Having no income has been something in the back of my mind, in fact it has been something that has begun to consume me.  Money - the root of all evil... also the foundation of physical survival.

Spiritually and mentally I have been travelling well.  I am in a groove of listening to 'Daily Audio Bible' on a 'daily' basis.  This has been great for me and has become a fairly stable part of my daily routine.  I have also been doing quite a bit of reading including a series of bios.  I have begun reading Mandela: the authorised biography by Anthony Sampson, currently on page 38 of 610 not including source notes, bibliography & index.  If I can persist and complete, it will be the longest book I have ever read.  I have been getting quite a bit of inspiration from these books I have been reading.

The biggest glitch at the moment is the fact that I don't have a job.  Intermittently I have been concerned about this, to the point of worry.  I have done my best to drag myself back up and remain positive.  One thing I have been considering is my attitude toward school & education.  I would like to reconsider my philosophy of education.  I will record it here, I'll keep you 'posted'

No comments:

Post a Comment